2. She's still in-between two and one naps a day. She'll take 2 naps a day for 5 days in a row, then take 1 nap a day for 2 days, then back to 2 naps a day, etc. We don't have a regular pattern yet, so that's a bit hard. The in-between anything stage is my least favorite. ;) When she takes 2 naps a day they are each usually around 1.5 hours (so 3 hours of naps total in the day). When she takes just 1 nap a day it's still only 1.5 hours. I know that will get longer when she is for sure set in her 1 nap a day pattern, but still...when she's 1.5 hours short on sleep in the day she seems to have a harder time going down for the night. So sometimes I still push the 2 naps just so I can have an easier night putting her down. ;) There's a big difference between 12.5 hours of total sleep and 14 hours of total sleep in 24 hours, at least for Cora it seems!
3. However, because I know she CAN function on just one nap a day, I took her out this morning to another BWI meeting. Today we learned our first back carry! Hooray! This was the WHOLE reason I wanted to join BWI for my 3rd kid, and while playing with ring slings and other SSCs has been fun, the holy grail of baby wearing is back wrapping...and I have just arrived, as of today. ;) It wasn't as hard as I thought, although it will take some practice for sure. I'll try to get a few pictures and post them later. This is the carry I learned with her today: (Secure high back carry)