Monday, March 16, 2015

SPF Retreat:

Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon we were up in McGregor MN at Covenant Pines Bible Camp.  Our church had a family retreat there, and it was a really great time.  Here are a few photos Renee took, per usual.  I brought my camera and flip camcorder and took...wait for it...ZERO photos or videos.  Sorry! :(  Turns out keeping 3 kids alive, sleeping, and fed up in the wilderness took more of my energy than I planned on.  ;)  

This is a picture of Lisa-hell:  forced group games where adults are doing child games.  Gah.  Thank you, but no, I've done enough of this in education to last me a lifetime.  I had the ticket out of this because I was wearing Cora, but poor Jonas was not so lucky.  His team won "the human knot" though, so I guess it wasn't all bad for him.  ;)

This is a picture of our friends Phil and Paul up front here...but if you look waaaaaaaaaay in the back you'll see me wearing Cora, talking to our friend Don.  I wore Cora in that carrier about 90% of the retreat, and the other 10% Jonas wore her in a different carrier.  I was very, very close to not even going because Cora had been sick the entire week leading up to the retreat, but I threw the dice and it ended up working out fine.  But on the off chance she was still sick we kept her close to us and didn't let her infect anyone else, especially any other kids.  :)


Jonas built the campfire and oversaw the making of smores.  Roaring success.

This was called a "hay ride."  Minus the hay.  Layla is there to the left, sitting next to Anja...and wearing her FULL winter gear because she likes it all.  Finn is wearing the camo vest right by Jonas, also wearing massive mittens.  Ha.  :)  Cora is on J's back.  I was doing yoga at this time...something that never can happen unless Jonas is home, and it's afternoon...so the stars aligned!  :)  Jonas thinks Cora loved it.

The lake was still mostly frozen on top, but the weather was AWESOME.  Just gorgeous.  Sunny, breezy, maybe 60-65 most of the time?  It was heavenly.  We kind of don't know what to do with ourselves here.  It's MN.  It's March.  There is no snow on the ground, and yesterday when we got back from the retreat we went for a walk...and all I wore on top was a short sleeve shirt.  Um...what?  What is GOING ON HERE???  I'll take it.  I should just stop talking about it, obviously, but it's kind of blowing my mind.  Yay global warming?  :)

Finn trying to roast a marshamallow without actually getting close to the hot fire.
Because Finn hates hot.

Finn in childcare, being taken care of by the youth group at this point.  The rest of us were in a sermon session.

Saying cheese for Aunt Renee while eating.

The cutest baby on the retreat.

I'm doing yoga here...but you can only see my butt.  :)  I'm behind the girl in the front of this picture, and wearing the black pants, green and white stripped shirt, and gray hoodie.  Just proof that I was there, and that I did something one time without a baby strapped to me!  (Also, it's now 2 days later and I still hurt from yoga...dang.)

Cora is FILTHY these days...her hands and knees...from crawling all over.  Clearly we need to wash the floors more often, but what can you do about spring dirty in MN?  Nada.  :)


Side note:  Cora got used to being outside as much as she wanted this past weekend.  She is now mad all the time (read: all day, so far) that she can't be outside the same amount anymore.  Her yell, people. Mercy.  

I'll post a few more pictures and hopefully some videos later.  Jonas got some on his phone.