Cora is now taking only 1 nap a day (90% of most days, I would say), and it's amazing to me how much this frees up my day to get errands done! I have a much harder time getting things done in the house, but our "running around" errands are getting DONE these days. :)
Today Layla had preschool in the morning, so we dropped her off and then went home to grab the stroller and walk to the nearest park. I almost never do that with just the younger two. It was really fun to spend some more "dedicated" time with Finn. Having Layla gone does impact the dynamics of park play, though. Usually, if Layla is there, the two of them play together, or find other kids to play with. With no other kids around this morning, and Layla gone, *I* was Layla's replacement. I'm not used to doing that much "play" regularly...but we had fun for sure.
I brought my camera with me today because I need more practice taking pictures in bright sunlight, which I find very hard, and also learning how to switch the camera quickly for different lighting settings...bright sunlight and shadows were what we were working with today. I was mildly successful, but it's fun to still be learning so much on the camera.
 |
| Most of my pictures of her at the park are of the back of her head. She just likes to go away from me. :) If I want a picture of her face I have to call and call her name, and maaaaaybe she'll turn around, or I have to run and get in front of her all the time. So, yeah. Lots of pictures of the back of her head this morning. ;) |
 |
| He spent 30 minutes running away from and back to me. He's "SUPER FAST!" |
 |
| She is constantly eating dirt and rocks and sticks. Stinker. |
 |
| I got this picture as he came down the tube slide. Love him. |
 |
| She reeeeeeally wanted to go down. I let her last time, when I had 3 kids down there to catch her...but not this time. MAD. |
 |
| And out into the bright sunlight too quick for Mama to switch... ;) |
 |
| I kind of liked this one, even though it was a happy accident... |
 |
| Whoops. Fall. No tears, though. :) |