Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sunday, May 17th: Lisa's Birthday!

We had a great time introducing Scooter and Laura to our church, Saint Paul Fellowship, on Sunday morning.

Then Jonas and Scooter went to pick up one of our favorite take-out places to eat for lunch:  Everest on Grand.  It's Tibetan and Nepali food, and the flavors are so wonderful.  We often go there for special occasions like our anniversary, and me not wanting to cook on my birthday certainly qualified as a special occasion, let along having awesome Scooter and Laura with us! :)

Proof of our wonderful meal:





The kids took naps or rested, and then we headed off to Stillwater (a cute town along the St. Croix river, about 20 minutes from our house) to go to a fun place called "Teddy Bear Park."  It rained for about 15 minutes (on and off) while we were there, which Layla and Finn didn't enjoy so much (we were fine under a shelter) but Cora loooved it.  She went out into the rain and played while we all tried to stay dry.  :)  Finn and Landon loved getting wet after the rain was done, by splashing...

Crawling out into the rain...she was much happier doing this than the pictures suggest! ;)








She is FEARLESS on slides.  Absolutely fearless.  I almost have her trained well enough now where she will go down backwards every time (last time she went down head first it ended up in a minor bloody nose, but she doesn't care at all...tries to every time still), but she still scares me every time by acting like she's going to go down head first, and then at the last second turns around.  Cora!  Stop giving me heart attacks!  I'm 100% positive I'm yelling "Turn AROUND , Cora!  Turn AROUND!" at her there! :)

Splashing at the bottom of the slide.


Finn and Landon found some puddles inside the toy boat.  They splashed them out until there was nothing left.  This was HIGH fun for both of them.  :)

I promise this is a happy face for Landon.  :)

(It kind of looks like we color coded Finn and Landon for the day, huh?  "Okay, Finn gets red today, so you take blue I guess.  But remember the uniform! Solids on top, prints on the bottom.  Let's do this.")

Whoa, big splashes from Finn!

I love Landon's face in the back there...HUGE smile for every splash from Finn.  And Finn was only too happy to oblige.  

Cora for sure wanted to get in on that action...

She had a ton of fun splashing her own feet in puddles...


Works like a charm, every time.  I went right out into the rain and got her.  :)


Then it was home to prep for our grilled steak dinner!  Lauren Mitchell and Piyush and Ruchira joined us, and we had a lovely time with them...the kids were even in bed so we go to eat it all in one sitting with no interruptions!  Happy Birthday to ME.  It's the little things.  :)  I really wish I had gotten pictures of dinner, but alas...I was eating.  

Ooooh, just kidding!  I checked Laura's blog just now and she got some of those pictures!  So I will gladly steal a few and add them in here and there.  Thanks for taking such great / so many pictures, Aunt Laura!! :)

(Lauren had to head back to Duluth by this time, sadly...)