Layla has had a harder time with Kindergarten than I expected this year, and while we are doing many things to help her, it dawned on me a few months ago that I wasn't utilizing at all the major tool I had in my tool kit: The Play Date! Haha. I hate play dates. BUT I love my daughter more, so, every Thursday I've been trying to set up a play date for her, at our house, with a friend from school, for 2 hours.
It's gone GREAT. She loves it, her friends are sweet, and I am a genius. ;)
(Side note: I am shocked at how free people are at just dropping their kids off at my house, no questions asked. People also let me drive their kids home to my house without ever meeting me! I would never, ever do that, so it is a little unsettling to see in other people I guess. No one has asked me about guns, or dogs, or other things that could be problematic and dangerous. It is just me who thinks about safety stuff all the time??)
| Layla and Saleen |
| Layla and Ella (I forgot to take pictures with the other 4 friends over!) |