I asked Finn what he wanted to do for his birthday, and what he wanted to eat. I say he could think of ANYTHING in the world, pretty much, and we'd likely be able to do it/eat it. He said he wanted to do things like play Paw Patrol with his sisters, and play Hide and Seek, and go to the Children's Museum, and eat pumpkin bread and barbecue chips. SO, that's easy enough...haha! Done, child.
Happy 5th birthday to Finn! Tonight we'll eat his leftover cake from the party on Saturday, and open his gifts from Aunt Laura and Grammy.
At the Children's Museum:
One of the rotating rooms was an artist in residence...very cool. She was there with the kids, helping them create a map in a box that springs out when you open the lid. Finn LOVES maps, but he tired rather quickly of trying to create his own. Layla was very into it and lasted through the entire activity. Cora is SO FAST these days that I seriously can't take my eyes off of her one second. I lost her at least 3 times today (calm down, Mom...not for long...), and each time I was so annoyed because I'm rather GOOD at this thing, darn it! She's just so FAST!! Haha. :) This child. "Run for my money" child. :)
 |
| getting ready in the art room. |
 |
| Folding his map for his box. |
 |
The artist and Finn.
I left the bigger kids in this room and supervised Cora in the room next door. Every now and then I'd check back on the older kids and EVERY time Finn was asking the artist a question.
|
 |
| Cora played with this CM Volunteer the ENTIRE time. She waved to her when we left. Hearts melted. |
 |
| "The tongue of concentration" out again... |
 |
| The game: stack as many veggies in this lady's hands as possible. |
 |
| Deep discussions on art. |
 |
| Finn's final product. |
 |
| Finn likes to make "little worlds" all over the place. The red part of this world was God's house. |
On to the bubble room!
And then the room for smaller kids:
 |
| Layla loves the face paint there...it's her first stop, usually. |
 |
| My little rule-breakers only like to climb up the slide... |
 |
| Happy Birthday, Big Guy!! |