Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Poor Layla

Layla woke up this morning around 5:45 SCREAMING in pain.  When I rushed up to her room with Cora (sadly, Cora got up at 5:30 today.  What is with that, huh??) she was lying face down on her bed, arms up around her head, sobbing.  She said her neck hurt, and she couldn't move, and she had been calling and calling for help.  *insert Mama heartbreak*

I gave her some ibuprofen, put a heat pack around her neck, and for an hour she lay on her back with a pillow under her knees, listening to a Ramona book on Audible.  

Thankfully, Grammy gave Finn these fancy-dancy walkie-talkies for his birthday, and they are coming in VERY handy today with Layla!  I can't be up in her room all day, but she was feeling very sad and lonely before Jonas thought of these.  Now she's doing much better, at least emotionally. 


She really wants to go in to the doctor, but in all honestly I don't think they would do anything helpful to her pain (they would do lots of very expensive tests I'm sure, and I hate to be at a point with insurance where I don't want to talk my crying child in to the doctor because they would do their job and run tests...sigh...).

I wold love to take her to my chiropractor, but because she is a child AND she has never been there before, they are always very cautious and do lots of intake work that is not related to pain relief...so, again, it'd be lots of time and pain for her without any great help.  But, it'd be less money, that's for sure.

I sound like a major downer, huh?  I know.  Sorry.  I just hate having bad insurance with a passion, and being backed into decisions on health care based on money.  Hopefully sometime soon Jonas will have work as a regular employee, not a contract worker, and these fun health events will not be such a present part of our lives.

In the meantime, please pray for Layla.  We're just sitting here, waiting, and praying things get better on their own, in time.  *fingers crossed*

Editing to add:  Finn calls walkie talkies "walkie toffees".  Love it.'

Editing to add:  Layla seems to be doing much better than this morning, but she still is not all the way better.  She can't bend her neck to the right or to the back...but left and front are fine.  If she is not better by tomorrow I'll bring her to the chiro, I think.  She is missing a swimming lesson tonight, which is heartbreaking for her.