Friday, May 19, 2017

The Rydbecks were here!!

Over the first week of May we hosted our wonderful friends the Rydbecks from Seattle.  They are possibly moving overseas soon, and we will miss this visits with them!!

While their kids stayed at our house we had my two mothers-helper girls come, along with one of their twin sisters.  THREE teen girls helped me out daily, from about 9-4:30.  It.was.fantastic.  I'd highly recommend young pre-teen girls to anyone.  They are too young to be take seriously as babysitters by most adults, but that makes them want to do even more of a great job.  And they aren't that far away from their childhood years yet that they've forgotten how to play.  My kids LOVE them. I do too.  :)

While they were here I decided to walk to a different park every day...we had some great times!  I only took pictures on one day, though, because those two littlest kids kept us ALL on our toes.  

This child's hair!  It's my hair!  Crazy thick, lots of body, and needs a cut every 4 weeks or so because it grows so fast.  
It was so bad for these pictures that I took him for a cut the next day.  (See the post above this one for better hair for Finn...haha).  



Soren wanted a turn on the zipline too...







Finn sure loves his scooter, and I love it too...it makes taking him on long walks so much nicer, because I 100% refuse to push anyone age 6 in a stroller, haha, even if I have a double one and empty space.  No way, man.  You got legs...use 'em, now!


She found a SNAAAAAAACK in the stroller!  LIFE IS GREAT!!!






Soren did not want to give me any smiles this week.  I got ONE smile on the LAST day, the last picture I took of him...haha.





They sat here for a long time, each pushing with their own feet and enjoying the "company."








Soren and his posse.  There were amazing machines behind him digging, but he preferred pushing the stroller.



I love the girls who want to run across fields with my kids.
I'm 37 now.  Do I still have to do that??  Haha!






Finn was pretty sure this was a magic clover.