Friday, August 11, 2017

Brigadoon at the Como Pavillion

Layla and Finn had four friends who were in the community theatre play Brigadoon, so we of course went to see it and support them last night.  It was really good!  The funny thing is, I remember seeing this exact play done by this exact company in this exact location...when I was in 8th grade or so.  Haha!  It's obviously a HIT that they keep bringing back.  :)  

The weather was perfect, and we had an all-around good time.  It didn't hurt that we could order food from the Como Dockside restaurant and have it basically delivered to us in our seats!  Two orders of fries later, I think Finn was finally full.  He is an empty pit sometimes!  It's crazy.

Layla is now DESPERATE to be in a play, of course.  I think our plan right now is that she'll try out for the summer production with this group next summer.  It's too much of a time commitment during the school year for me to justify, but I think summer would be a great time for her to dip her toes into the water of acting.  She loves performing and singing, so I think a musical is the perfect spot for her to land.  We shall see!  

She woke up this morning saying that it was too hard for her to think about plays, because she has to wait a WHOLE YEAR to be in one now... :)

We started out sitting in back, because I thought the kids might want to sit or stand to see better.
NO, they did NOT.
We ended up sitting in the very front row, off to the side.  

It was us and ALL the old people of Roseville at the play...haha.  :)

The weather was perfect...almost a bit chilly!
I love those hints of fall in the air.  :)

FOUR of the kids friends were in the play!! You can see one of them in this shot, Melody, wearing the white dress and brown skirt, right behind Fiona, the main character in front.  

We spent the whole play waving to Melody.
Good times.  :)

Layla HAD to meet Fiona!
Can you tell the kids were playing tiger family with face paints today? ;)