Meet Baby Schaefer #4
Yesterday I had a regularly scheduled ultrasound that ended up being quite a bit more than I bargained for!
My level 2 (long and extensive) ultrasound is still scheduled for December 12th, but because of my high risk status AND the presence of my blood clot, I get some extra additions to my pregnancy care along the way.
15+ weeks is still pretty early, but the ultrasound tech asked me if we planned to find out the sex of the baby. Um, YES. And then about 2 seconds later she said, "Well, I'm pretty sure it's a BOY! We'll check back again in a minute." That was a bit of a shock...haha. I was expecting to wait another 5 weeks for that info! I also felt a bit bad that Jonas wasn't there, because the only reason he really even comes to the level 2 ultrasound is the sex reveal! Ah, well. Once *I* knew there was no way I was going to keep it a secret for 5 more weeks. Please.
The tec checked again a while later and said "Yep, you'd basically have to be blind to not see this. Even at 15 weeks." So, there you have it...and it was also confirmed by the Dr later.
Baby #4 is a boy!
Now on to coming up with a boy name. :)
![]() |
| Hand up by mouth. |
![]() |
| Fist up by chin. Ultrasound tech called this one "the thinker." |
You know what this means ALSO, right? I now get to start thinking about getting rid of HALF of the clothes I've saved in my basement...as soon as Cora outgrows clothes I can get rid of them FOREVER. Wheeeeeeeee! Because yes, this will be the last MN Schaefer child. Measures will be taken...haha.
When we told the kids yesterday, Cora and Layla were very excited and wanted it to be a boy...but Finn was in tears. Jonas talked with him for a long time, but something about a baby brother wasn't sitting right with him. He then asked me if I could have another baby later, so it could be a girl. I said no, my body was too tired. He then told me Grandma had SIX babies, so why couldn't I (I didn't even want to explain it was really 7 babies, because he may have never stopped crying)?? Sheeesh, Grandma. Way to set that bar pretty high for all of us! :) I told him Grandma (both grandmas!) were clearly made of heartier stock than I, because my body is saying "no, man. Done. Sorry." Finn is not impressed with me and my dedication to reproduction.
When we told the kids yesterday, Cora and Layla were very excited and wanted it to be a boy...but Finn was in tears. Jonas talked with him for a long time, but something about a baby brother wasn't sitting right with him. He then asked me if I could have another baby later, so it could be a girl. I said no, my body was too tired. He then told me Grandma had SIX babies, so why couldn't I (I didn't even want to explain it was really 7 babies, because he may have never stopped crying)?? Sheeesh, Grandma. Way to set that bar pretty high for all of us! :) I told him Grandma (both grandmas!) were clearly made of heartier stock than I, because my body is saying "no, man. Done. Sorry." Finn is not impressed with me and my dedication to reproduction.





