Thursday, February 1, 2018

A few more winter sport shots:


I can't remember if I told you all about Finn's first time skiing this year?  I'm guessing no, because...ah...it did not go *well*.  Here is one of the only videos Jonas was able to take while out with him, because I guess he kept running into things left and right.  I don't know, folks.  I'm not sure we can keep up with a "rich person" sport like skiing that requires so much expensive gear, time at expensive ski lodges and on expensive ski slopes, and lots of travel to ski slopes.  Next up for Lisa:  get Finn way into baseball.  Calling Grandpa!

It is a shame this didn't go well, though, because 1) it's expensive!!! and 2) Finn was SO looking forward to it.  This is his only "thing" right now, so we really need to work on broadening those horizons I guess.



In happier news, I found a nice pair of skates for Layla on a FB neighborhood buy/sell/swap group for $10.  They came with guards and a bag to go in as well.  THAT is EXACTLY what I'm talking about for a sport investment, friends!  $10.  YES.  Sold!!  We have a rec center with 3 ice rinks just 1 block from our house, so with a $10 pair of skates we are set for the rest of the winter.  She will never take ice skating lessons as a "sport," because let's face it, that's crazy expensive too...but she can get a lot of fun and enjoyment out of the skill of skating, and we're all happy with that for now.  I think we'll stick with ballet and swimming as her "things" for as long as she wants to ride those trains.  





3 other people on the wide open rink?  Perfect!  And of course Layla made friends with the other 2 girls in about 15 seconds flat.  Jonas said he just chatted on the phone with a few of the brothers the whole time she skated.  Perfection.  Happy child, and little to no parent involvement needed!

When Layla got home from this time at the rink she said it was "MAGICAL." 
Love her.



And here for your viewing pleasure is Cora's snowman picture from preschool.  Yes.  This is exactly how we all felt about this January this year:  the longest month EVER, with odd weather, and seemingly 74 days in total.  Bring on February!