Sunday, April 15, 2018

A random photo mix:

My blogging is clearly slowing down the more pregnant I get, it seems.  And all of my pictures are taken from wherever I was sitting at that moment, without bothering to get up and frame the photo or fix the lighting...haha.  Sigh.  Ah, well.  Stages of life, right?


A while back we read the book "A box can be many things."  Then all 3 kids went down in the basement and scrounged up all the boxes we had emptied in some purging, before the recycling came, and had loads of fun coloring boxes for hours.  It was fantastic.



Tuesday of this past week I started the final phase (well, sort of...I will for sure still be taking shots for 6 weeks post partum, and I may end up taking shots for years because of breastfeeding issues with other blood clotting medications.  We'll have to see what the vascular Dr. says at 7 weeks post partum) of my shot routine.  I now take 3 shots a day, 8 hours apart, and I have to load them myself.  It's a bit more work for sure, but I don't mind so much...the needle is smaller, so it hurts less...and that's a win any day of the week.  Switching to this blood thinner also makes it more likely that I can have an epidural when I want one when in labor, so I'm all about THAT for sure.

Ah, the stage of Legos.  It's awesome.  We were going to have a birthday party with my family for Finn and Cora (and Uncle Jon) tonight, but it's been delayed a week due to the BLIZZARD happening outside my window right now, and for the last 36 hours.  It'd scheduled to go strong until tomorrow morning.  *MASSIVE eye roll at MN*   Anyway, Legos are awesome.  And it's ALL Finn and Cora are getting for presents from my family.  :)  I had no idea what to get Cora for her birthday...she never needs anything as the 2nd girl in a family, but then Renee reminded me that likely what she would want most is something LAYLA has that she is not allowed to play with all the time: her special Legos.  So, Cora is getting her own Legos, and the playing field shall be leveled once again!

Friday night ALL THREE KIDS went to my Mom's house for the last official sleepover in the Berube Dayton home.  Dad was in Ohio for a conference, so it was the perfect sleepover time.  Cora got to go for the first time and had a blast, but boy was she an emotional basket case the next night.  Jonas and I couldn't help laughing as she was WEEPING at 6:00 p.m. the next night about dresses she saw in old pictures that she could no longer find to wear (obviously because they are packed away or donated already...too small for her now).  WEEPING.  Off she went to bed!  Many thanks to my Mom for making these sleepovers so special for the kids with tea parties, special snacks, movies, and loads of crafts.

After we dropped off the kids Jonas and I went out for an early diner at the Longfellow Grill, then home to watch a movie ("Safety Not Guaranteed"...a funny indie film from 2012).  Likely our last pre-baby date I'm guessing!  We were both so excited to go to bed EARLY that night, haha.  We're old people, and we love it.


 Saturday morning Jonas went to pick up the kids.  The blizzard was just starting to pick up strength, so we opted out of taking Layla to ballet class, and thankfully her pictures for her performance were rescheduled for later this month.  She would have been SO sad to miss them! What did we do all day Saturday?  Well, mostly we just sat around, doing nothing.  That was awesome.  We also sat around staring out the window in disbelief and making comments about our neighbors strategies to snow management.  We made a fire, and sat around in front of it.  I read out loud a lot to the kids.  That was basically our day.  Forced rest is wonderful.  If you don't know how to rest in life, you are MISSING.OUT.







Church was canceled today, so we mostly did the same thing all day today as well.  Nothing.  We did nothing.  Jonas and I both took a nap while the kids watch a movie this afternoon.  Neither of the adults fed the kids actual breakfast or lunch, so they scrounged for themselves...it's encouraging to know they won't die if we don't make them "real" meals 3X a day...haha.  Jonas just called the kids downstairs because it seems like the perfect day to watch some Star Wars together.  Now I'm sitting in bed, updating the blog and getting reading to transfer all of my 8 years of JCP photos from the door to a photo memory book.  I've only had this on my list of things to do for 7 months, it seems, but nothing like an impending birth to make you think you HAVE to accomplish things NOW, right?  :)  Happy Sunday!  If you are in MN, don't be stupid and go outside.  Just accept this spanking from Mother Nature and stay home.