Sunday, April 22, 2018

Thankful:

There are three things that I'm thankful for today.  I know there are lots more I SHOULD be more thankful for, and many more things that are on my mind on different days, but this is what I've been mulling over today:

1.  I'm thankful for what a healthy winter we had!  The past two days have truly felt like spring, so I feel like I'm not jinxing our entire state to call it spring now.  It's been wonderful, and we've been outside, and the windows have been open:  bliss.  Anyway, considering how much we were cooped up inside this winter, WOW am I thankful for how healthy we all were.  We had 2 very mild bouts of croup, only one which required a hospital visit (New Years Eve, for Cora), and none of it spread among the siblings.  We barely had any cold or coughs even!  No flu, no puke nonsense (other than the plague Finn contracted for 24 hours when we were all in VA...haha).  As a pregnant woman, who generally hates being pregnant, the only thing WORSE than normal pregnancy woes is being pregnant AND sick, and you can't take anything for it.  I think it was an act of mercy for me, this healthy winter.  So I'm thankful. 

2.  This may be the lamest thing to ever be thankful for, but I'm very thankful that my belly button made it ONE MORE PREGNANCY without becoming an "outie."  Guys, I think outies are the grossest thing ever.  I know I shouldn't think anything about how the body changes in pregnancy is gross, but come on...let's be real.  Some things are just gross!  My main issue with it is aesthetics:  I hate panty lines for this same reason, and I hate bra straps showing or bras creating back fat bulges for the same reason as well.  You want your eyes to travel over a smooth, clean surface.  Anything that breaks up that surface and draws your eyes to one particular place is a failure, in my weird mind.  :) Yes, I know, I'm totally owning that this is crazy.  But I'm actually thankful I've made it an entire 6th pregnancy without having to be annoyed at looking at my own belly daily!!  Haha.

3.  I HAD three things I was thinking about.  But in the time it took me to type the first two, I've forgotten the third one.  Maybe it was that I just took my last shot for a few days, until I start up again post labor?  Nah.  It was something else.  I'll update when I can remember.

For now, here's a picture I JUST took with Layla:  she came into my room crying, remembering when I was taken to the hospital by ambulance for the blood clot, and dealing with a lot of fear for me going back there again.  We talked about it a lot, and in the end I at least got her laughing about all the things she's looking forward to doing with her new baby brother.  Sweet, SENSITIVE little girl.  *sniff*


Okay, off to bed for me so I can get good enough sleep to finish my to-do list in time for D-Day tomorrow!