Monday, June 17, 2019

The weekend:


Saturday afternoon I took the kids out to 4 different stores in a row.  NOT a smart parenting move, but at least one of them was the library.  We picked up our reading program sheets for the summer so we can cash in on all the prizes.  :)


Kellan today at church, studying up on his children's lit.  
As part of VBS/Hero Training Camp, Cora learned the handbells with some other pre-K and Kinder kids.  It was ADORABLE.  They wanted to show it in church, but enough of the campers weren't there, so bigger kids (including Layla) stood in for them.  The cuteness was off the charts.





I got Kellan a water table at Costco yesterday.  It feels lame to me, to buy a brand new toy for a baby who will outgrow it in a year, and we won't have any more kids after this who will use it...BUT, it was cheap enough that I'm okay with that I think.  And there weren't any good ones on CL.  And I wanted one NOW....haha.  Sigh.  He played with it for hours today, happy and quiet and stationary and in the shade.  So, I win, I think, right? It sure FELT like winning to fold all my laundry in peace!





The boys, hanging out on the swing set.


 Jonas took the kids to the Children's Museum on Saturday morning while I got some extra sleep.  I slept the ENTIRE time they were gone.  It was awesome.


Water play:  his fave.  









Happy Father's Day to Papa!