Friday, June 14, 2019

This week:

I have been extremely grateful for our mild weather this week, because our central air broke last Saturday, and it can't be repaired until this coming Monday.  BLAH.  So, it could have been miserable for me, but instead it's been absolutely lovely weather.  Counting my blessings here!


Layla started up her weekly swimming lessons again this week.  The things she is learning I never learned, and I can't do.  Jonas sent me this picture from her lesson as we noticed her clearly natural inclination to a swimmers body.  Also something I don't have...haha.  I hope she continues to grow and love swimming for a long time!



Tuesday it rained all day, but in the evening it cleared out and became a great night to go to the Drive-In Theatre.  Yes, they still exist.  Yes, they are still AWESOME.  Kids 5 and under are free.  Kids 6-12 are $1.  Popcorn is super cheap.  You can bring in any outside food or drink you want.  People go ALL OUT in arranging all the comforts of home in their cars.  The kids had a wonderful time.



An intense game of battleship while waiting.


The girls played Princess Matching.  



Some baseball.


3 movies for the price of 1.  We only stayed for the 1st one, Life of Pets 2.



The kids did a VBS this week called Hero Training Camp, run by 1st Covenant Church down the street from us (one of the churches we have been attending regularly).  When I picked them up 2 days ago they were touring an ambulance and a fire truck.



Cora slept until after 9:00 a.m. this morning.  Summer living, man.  It's awesome.

Cora has been asking for a haircut lately because she doesn't want to have her hair on her neck or shoulders anymore.  So, we took care of THAT.

1 minute before

and AFTER!
 Our friends came over and we made slime today, then swam and jumped on the trampoline for hours.

Friday nights around here are normally Family Movie Night with Pizza, but in the summer we are going to transition to Family Beach Night, maybe with Ice Cream.  :)

One difference between Cora and Kellan that I am very thankful for this summer:  At this age, 13 months, Cora was walking and walking right into a lake, going until it was over her head.  Kellan is baaaaaaarely walking, and very content to sit and splash at the edge of a lake.  Which means *I* get to sit on the blanket the whole time.  Please, may it continue, Lord!