Yikes! I realize it's been far too long since I've updated here, so I'll post a bit about today and then work my way backwards through our Christmas vacation/break.
Today Jonas was able to cash in on a new year of PTO (haha), and the Homeschool Tuesdays at Wild Mountain to take the older 3 kids skiing. Wild Mountain is a little under an hour away from us, so a very doable distance for a day. The homeschool time is from 10:00-3:00, which is about all the kids can last anyway.
We didn't tell them until right before they left this morning that we'd be doing skiing instead of school today. Finn was PSYCHED. Layla looked nervous. Cora was excited to just be included in the adventure...haha. I imagined Cora would do great, and Layla would be nervous, but it turned out that Layla did fantastic, as did Finn, so Jonas really only had to teach Cora. Cora still needs some work, but she had a great time as well.
They are THRILLED to think about going again this year! If we can get in one more time in February, and one more time in March, I'll call that a win for the year!
 |
| Taking the "magic carpet" up the Bunny Hill...BYE nasty old tow rope...haha. |
 |
| Cora called me from the chair lift...fun times! |
 |
| Cora said the cheese pizza was super gross...hahaha. |
 |
| Back to the hill after lunch |
 |
| Playing around with the tow rope for fun... |
 |
| Going...going... |
 |
| GONE. She slept the whole way home. |
And here are a few pictures of Kellan enjoying his spaghetti while the older kids told me stories of skiing. This kept him SO QUIET while we ate! Amazing...