Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Como Zoo and Conservatory

Last Tuesday we took Kellan to get a haircut mid-morning, and instead of going back home and doing more school we went to the zoo!  Seems like a great idea in winter, right?  Well, the greenhouse sure was a breath of fresh air. 

Heading to the zoo post haircut!



This zoo worker had NO idea what she was getting herself into when she asked Finn "Do you have any questions??"  He talked to her for about 15 minutes.  :)









We discussed the ethics of removing wishing coins.
I suggested it was likely unlucky.  They 100% didn't care.
So I suggested they can do it only to wish on them AGAIN and return them. 
This satisfied. :)




Man, at the end of January, a place like this is a balm to the human soul.  At least a MN one.




Cranky McCranker pants eating snack.




We had loads of fun in the Monkey house...they were so active! Layla spent 10 minutes chatting with a zoo worker about Gorillas as well.  I'm gonna call that science for the day...haha.