 |
| Sweet child #3, my most extroverted child. She has such a HIGH need for external stimulation and play that we've been working a lot lately on learning how to be content and happy playing on her own. And she is getting BETTER! Hallelujah! She now considerings playing Legos by herself and coloring by herself as worthwhile ways to pass time. :) |
 |
| For the last 2 years Jonas has taken the kids to all their plays while I've been home pregnant/with a baby, but now I'm on night fun duty again! I took the younger 2 (of the older 3...haha) to see a show based on all Bob Marley songs. It was fine from my perspective, but Finn and Cora both loved it. Finn especially could barely stay in his seat...the boy felt the music and wanted to DANCE! |
 |
| "Help, help!" he says... |
I have a great time looking at the photos the kids have been taking during their ipad times!
This melted my heart. 2x a month I leave the kids home with some mothers helper girls to go to personal counseling. I leave Kellan sleeping, and when he wakes up Layla usually takes care of him until I get home. Last week, Kellan woke up early, so Layla went and got him, brought him down to the living room and rocked him for a while. And took photos...haha. You can just see from his face he is NOT ready to be awake yet...
So she took him back up to his room, turned on the white noise, sat down this him on his bed, and patted his back until I got home. It may have been for around 30 minutes. When I walked into the room he was sleeping, and she was humming little tunes. I almost cried, it was so, so, so sweet. She loves him unendingly. Her love for him regularly brings HER to tears, which brings ME to tears. :)
 |
| She took this photo herself, when he was asleep in his room, on her shoulder. LOVE!! |
Kellan is obsessed with airplanes, and especially helicopters. Here he is watching a very annoying kid personality named Blippi (he wasn't around for my older 3) show him all the parts of a helicopter. You would not think this would be interesting to a 21-month-old, because it's not all action flying shots or anything, but nooooooo. He is ALL ABOUT this video. I expect he will be able to name all the parts of a helicopter in no time.