Sunday, April 12, 2020

A quarantine Easter update:

It's 6:30 on Easter evening, and so far it looks like deep December outside, haha.  It's been snowing since last night.  BLAH.  Minnesota is never "real" spring until May.  Everyone else packs away their winter gear in an act of defiance.  But not me.  Oh, no.  BECAUSE I REMEMBER.  Minnesota likes to kick you in the teeth every April!!  😆 (It should all be gone in a day or 2, so we for SURE are not shoveling this nonsense...)

Despite the grotesque snow, we have had a lovely day at home.  The kids had a great time doing our egg hunt inside, and at home.  Kellan kept shouting "Trick or TREAT!" I couldn't believe he remembered that from Halloween.  Kellan also had an epic meltdown, which is par for the course with an almost-2-year-old I guess.  We made sure to get pictures of that before comforting him for sure.

We had an extended Berube family Zoom session this afternoon, then on to Easter/St. Patrick's Day #2 meal:  Corned beef, Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, baked cabbage, and LOTS of cookies and candy. 


DEEP into cookie decorating mode.






Delivering flowers and cookies to Carolyn from church.

Delivering flower and cookies to Virginia from church.



 

























LOST.  HIS.  MIND.




Aunt Renee put $20 in a golden egg last year, so THIS year Mama had to pony up some cash too...haha.  I put all the $1 bills I had into eggs...all 9 of them.  BIG hit.  











So.  I may have spent $60 on 450 pieces of chalk...hahahahahah.  Siiiiiiigh.
We're just going through SO much of it, and this was way cheaper in the looooong run!  😂







Kellan has been loving the backyard again, especially the swing set, water table, sandbox and trampoline.  Okay, he loves all of it.






Exploring under our enormous bush.



Mr. Danger loves to swing out over the ladder now.  BAH.



I have invested in a few frisbees lately, for throwing around in the parking lot in the afternoons.  One of them glows in the dark and has a flashing light, for use at night.  Finn took it to the parkway the other night with Jonas and the other kids, and of course he turned it into a Cloverfield kind of movie, haha:


Jonas is downstairs with the kids right now, introducing them to The Sandlot for the first time. 💘