Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Cora turns 6!

There is no one who adds spice and energy and all sorts of "EXTRA" to our life like Ms. Cora!  I'm happy for her that her siblings are almost to summer break, so they can play with her all day long.  :) Ms. Extrovert, extreme energy, and tender soul.  Ms. Quick Wit and Perceptive Mind!  Ms. "Can't say anything secret around her because she WILL remember every word and repeat it later on." 😂

Oh Cora, we love you!  Happy Birthday, dear girl!

This morning Cora and Layla woke up before Finn, so Layla asked if she could take Cora upstairs and "pamper" her before school started.  She came down dressed like this, with a cupcake tattoo on her left cheek (done in fun-smelling tattoo pens), a sticker, makeup, and her nails done.  I think both girls loved that process and moment together.

Once Finn was awake and Papa was done with those pesky "work meetings" we got to opening some presents:
Cora got her OWN fun new coloring books (3), new crayons, new markers, and new colored pencils.  

This boy loves a good singing of Happy Birthday!



INTENSE in ALL SHE DOES in life.

A 12-pack of slime.





So one of my gifts to Cora was to buy her 6 slices of pie at lunchtime.  She has been obsessing about pies for years now.  She *thinks* they sound amazing, and mysterious, since I never make them, haha!  I kept telling her "Well, for your birthday you can try that!" and all those promises kind of stacked up, hahaha.  I am a woman of my word though, so she got to try 6 different pies (3 fruit and 3 cream): Blueberry, apple, peach, french silk, coconut cream, and mint brownie.  Each and every piece got a thumbs-up after trying a bite...she didn't dislike any, that's for sure...but the winner in the end was coconut cream (which, interestingly, was the least sweet.  Hmmmm). 


Finn's birthday food requests:  pizza and chicken fingers.  Boring kid stuff, haha.
Cora's birthday food requests:  6 different pies, Thai food, and sushi.  I love her! 😂










The winner = coconut cream!


Cora also got to have a Zoom call with her former preschool classmates, which she enjoyed. 



My 3 April birthdays!  April 19th, 24th, and 27th.
Phew.
I made it!











We didn't end up doing cake for Cora until 8:30 p.m., so that's why my photos are a bit sub-par...


Layla had a vision for this cake, which was supposed to look like Chelsea barbie's dress.  How did it turn out? 😂 She had GREAT fun making it, so I'm happy for her!



My poor shy, retiring, wallflower of a little girl...








If we're being a stickler for truth here, I had her take these photos early, on Kellan's birthday.  Finn was late, Kellan was on time, and Cora was early.  Because sign photos are HARD, ok, and one day of them was enough for me. 😂