Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Slow summer days:



 Kellan usually wakes up around 6:30 most mornings.  He will often agree to snuggle for a bit, but he is usually SUPER CHATTY at that time of day too (which is rather hard for me, haha).  Jonas will usually take him for a short walk before starting work in the mornings, but sometimes I do as well...especially if it will be too hot for me to want to walk with the kids later on.  On this particular morning we saw that neighbors 1 block away are commemorating their trees that will be cut down soon due to emerald ash borer (well, actually, I don't think these particular trees will be cut down...but the block is losing 95% of its trees.  It's awful.  The history and the shade of that block will be gone in a week!!). 



We stop at every fire hydrant so Kellan can talk about it and where the hoses go.











Sometimes we try to buy time in the morning (without going for a walk) by enticing Kellan with the sand box.  80% of the time that works.  Jonas went and got 13 more bags of sand today so Kellan could dig even deeper...




Kellan knows that when Papa gets in the pool, he can get in the pool too.  He lives for those times. :) Lots of jumping and swimming for the little guy these days!













This morning only Kellan and Finn were up when we left for the walk.  Even though the day ended up being over 90 degrees, I'm so thankful for the breezy cool mornings!  Sanity!  Here the boys are playing in the extra dirt for the rec center baseball diamonds.  We also watched a crew of tree cutters take down some trees along the parkway.  BIG hit. 





 I have no idea what this chart means, but clearly Jonas and I are WAY behind Finn and Cora in something, haha.  Finn won't tell me about it, either!  Maybe Layla will, as she only has "1"... 😂

On Sunday night we made potstickers with Dan and his girlfriend Kathleen, then ate a wonderful meal outside.  Gosh a shaded patio is such a luxury!


And last but not least, I give you Cora, 3 years ago today.  We were at a little A-frame cabin up north, and she was just a little over 3 years old.  😍