Saturday, February 12, 2022

February: the month that takes FOR-EV-ER to end...

 







I have these great (and somewhat expensive--but worth it, because they wipe off so easily) window markers, and Kellan loves to use them on our big picture window.  The drawings of a three-year-old crack me up.  I will miss them.  



I love a SLOW Saturday wake-up morning...




Jonas took the older three kids somewhere, and while they were gone Kellan learned how to play himself in Roblox.  It was kind of hilarious, how committed he was to advancing each character and keeping them together.  




Valentine's Day prep is serious business around here!  The kids created their cards with Grandma, then addressed and wrote in them and decorated them with me in school.  Next up is decorating and delivering 100 cupcakes with our cards, to friends and family nearby.  




Cora, about to head into dance class...



Sky Zone continues to be a bright spot in each dreary winter week, haha.  





Jonas decided to take the kids skiing this past Wednesday, because the weather was going to be around 34 degrees for a high.  Last time it was about 20, and that was just too cold for our kids.  But, once Kellan heard the words skiing, he waged a smart campaign of pleading to be included, and wore us down.  So I went along, because 3 kids (one with some serious fears of heights and speed) along with one three-year-old did not seem fair to ask of 1 adult.  


Kellan got a little power nap in before his day of excitement and adventure.

Starting out on the Bunny Hill, as one does:





I love this photo:



His words after getting to the bottom of the hill for the first time:  "I want to do that AGAIN!"












I can't quite figure out why the light was SO bad sometimes, but ah well, here we are:



This was basically the best day of Kellan's life.  He loved everything about it, start to finish.  I think he fell maybe once.  

This was Kellan's first time up a chair lift, with Jonas and Finn.  He was SO excited about this.





I was able to get some pictures and video of his first time down a bigger hill, from the deck outside of the Chalet.  




























Baths happen very regularly in the winter, but mostly for adventure, not for cleanliness.  Kellan loves to lay down entirely in the water and have the water cover his ears, then talk and hear how it sounds different.



I got this FB message from a girl I taught 15 and 16  years ago (I had my students for 2 years, always). Nothing in the world warms a teacher's heart more than this...other than maybe being paid a working wage, haha.  


Layla and I sent this photo to Kathleen, Dan's girlfriend (who is from Germany), after the U.S. beat the Germans and two Italian teams in the Mixed Snowboard Cross competition in the Olympics.  Nothing says U.S.A. like gloating over sporting wins, right??  

Cora and Kellan playing around earlier:


If Finn hears me taking a photo he LUNGES to get himself into it as well.  I can't state strongly enough how much he needs to get into regular theatre productions, haha.