Monday, August 20, 2012

Bemidji: Saturday

Saturday morning we headed out, bright and early, ...okay, more like 9:30...for breakfast at Ben and Mindy's new house.  It's lovely!  The house is nice, the food was good, and the company was very fun.  :)

The view from Ben and Mindy's back yard, toward their lake.

Finn was GONE.

Both of the kids loved this little foot bridge.  Mama didn't try it out...

Did I tell you how much Layla loves hoods on clothes?  If she has one, it's usually on her head.  Gangster girl. ;)

A normal look for Finn.  :)




People enjoying breakfast / keeping kids from destroying stuff.  Normal days.  :)

Layla being very "helpful" for Finn. 


Ben and his Mini-Me.  I mean, come ON!!! Jonas is tall, but he looks like a dwarf next to Ben!! :)

Lily loves Gabe.  :)  She calls him "Bees!"  It's pretty darn cute!

Finn has high hopes.


Time to start music lessons?


Cutie.

Yep, there it is again.  "I'm about to fall asleep on my feet..." says the look...

Finn gave it a shot too.

Down by the sunken dock...
We left around 12:30 to go home, and Finn fell asleep IMMEDIATELY in the car.  Stinker!  All that running around outside had worn him out, I guess.  See...I NEED.A.BACKYARD.  :)

After naps we got in the boat and headed to Ruttgers across the lake for an early dinner.

BOY does this pontoon have some POWER to it! :)

Can you see how much Finn loves it?  :)


Logan was a hoot the ENTIRE time I was taking pictures.  :)



After the initial shock, Layla enjoyed the fast ride too!



There were some big clouds coming in when we got there, so we sat under the awning and it did rain!  But it was lovely! I might have enjoyed it a bit more if both of our kids weren't constantly trying to get wet, but it was still a beautiful dinner outside on a lovely night.  :)

Finn was calling Grandma.  :)

Hello, small town???  Guess who showed up as we got our food???  So they joined us!  Finn and Jill.  :)

Bob checking out the rain.

Layla loved catching the rain that fell off the awning ...but then her dress got wet...so...

...she ditched the dress, took a phone call, and adjusted her technique.  ;)

Lily took a few phone calls too.

Jonas, trying to keep Finn from running away.


Layla was singing a song as she looked over the dessert menu.


Finally we just gave in and stripped them down to diapers.

They were thankful.




Lots of fun was had on the beached water tramp! :)



Climbing down the looooong row of chairs...





It was a great day.