Aren't my kids CUTE? I just love hearing them talk. :) This was Sunday afternoon, after church, instead of naps.
Want to know about my day today? Today Layla got up at 6:15. She normally NEVER gets up that early, but she couldn't find her little puppy in bed, and then she wanted to go potty on the BIG potty chair, and then she wanted socks on...and by the time we accomplished those three wishes she was awake and wanted to go in Mama's big bed. Finn followed her example and got up at 6:30.
So tonight? She was sound asleep by 6:45. Sweeeeet. And Finn was out by 7:00. I tell you, not having a single break in the middle of the day is exhausting...but having your night totally free from 7:00 on is delightful. :)
Poor Layla also got some vaccines today--3, to be exact. She had a very rough time this time. The nurses are great and the shots themselves take about 5 seconds for all 3 shots. But Layla just cried and cried and cried and cried. She was sad the whole day, not wanting to walk on her legs, talking about how they hurt and how she had owies, etc. However, when Jonas came home she was only too thrilled to join in the nightly game of "chase around the house."
Then Finn hurt himself about 4 solid times today. I think I really did spend the majority of the day plunked on the couch trying to comfort one, sometimes two, crying child(ren).
Such is life with two kids 3 and under, right? Right.
I'm exhausted. Off to bed...because I CAN.