1. Right now she is eating ketchup from a spoon. At 10:14 a.m. Yep, mom of the year award goes to me. ;)
2. She slept in a big twin-size bed last night. She has been in her big crib since 5 months (in a co-sleeper in our room before that), and I think she really loved her crib. She was all warm and cozy and contained. Mama especially loved the contained part. I am a firm believer in doing whatever needs to be done to get good sleep (well, actually, that's not true...there are several things I won't do to my kids to "make them sleep," but once we've found a system that works for us I'm a firm believer in not rocking the boat just because "everyone else" is doing something, i.e. moving kids to toddler beds at 18 months, etc. We will always do what I/we think is best for our family, not what "everyone else" thinks should be the norm for our kids. Stepping down from soap box.), and keeping your kids contained until they are really old enough to understand THREATS. ;) She could have happily stayed in there longer, and I'd have been happy with that too, but Renee and Jon gave us Claire's old bed after they got bunk beds, so now seemed like a good time to give it a shot. She's 3 years and 4 months, so she "gets it." Plus, she has been on a kick for the last 2 weeks, wanting to be with me in my "big bed" a lot. Now that she has her own "big bed" this might help. In fact, it did! When she woke up this morning she wanted me to come in HER big bed and snuggle with her there, rather than in my bed like we normally do.
I think she really likes the bed, but she did wake up crying twice last night. One of those times Jonas went in to her and she said she wanted to go downstairs...at 3:30 a.m. Jonas actually TOOK her downstairs, which made me laugh. When they got downstairs she put a doll on the toddler bed in the play room, and then it was back upstairs to bed. So random. At least she made it the full night and didn't have a hard time at all falling asleep there--that's the big deal I guess. ;)
3. Her hair is long enough for me to do things like put it in a pony tail, or braid it, but she will NOT let me do either. Tears, tears, tears. The only thing she allows is a clip to hold back her hair by her face, because she doesn't like it swinging into her eyes. Sigh. Oh, the girly fun we COULD be having!!