A few things about Layla:
1. She is on her third injury this morning. At 8:41 a.m. I feel like we have a long-ish day ahead of us...
When she gets injured I quickly step out of her line of vision. If she STILL screams and wails like crazy, then I know she is really hurt. Bad Mom? Maybe. :)
2. She showed up at our beside this morning at 3:30 a.m. This is the first time she's gotten up since being "free" in her bed. She actually showed up mewing like a kitten. Very original. :) She was wide awake and very interested in going downstairs. Jonas got her back to sleep in her own bed by 4:00, thank goodness.
3. She wakes up dry every single morning. It's crazy how easy NIGHT TRAINING her has been! We totally didn't even do it...she did it herself. I think I've figured out the best way to help her in this process: I take her to the bathroom just once a night, around 11:30 or 12:00. That way it's been 3-4 hours since she went to sleep, so all the liquids from dinner are through her system and ready for exit. After that, since she doesn't take any more liquids throughout the night, she's good to go! (I actually was taking her to the bathroom again at around 4:00 a.m., but that was a no-go. She was just grumpy and tired, and didn't have to pee ever, so it was a waste of time for everyone, and a very sad wake-up-to-an-alarm-for-no-reason for me!) Getting up only once a night to make this happen is okay by me, I guess. :)
4. She and Finn are sitting at kitchen counter right now. Layla just turned to Finn and said "What's goin' on, baby Sin??"
5. She is currently wearing her bright pink PJs with white bones on them from Aunt Renee. She calls them "My wittle bones." As in, "Mama, I need-a take off my wittle bones now and get my princess dress!" To finish off the outfit she is wearing her pink plastic high-heels. "Clack clack clack clack clack" - pause to slip and fall in the hallway, while I dodge out of sight - "clack clack clack clack clack" down to the living room.
6. We just returned from getting her dressed upstairs. Mercy, but she has some strong opinions on what to wear these days. :) Today, she looks like a well-dressed homeless person. She has on a purple paisley outfit, on top of that is a pink and orange and red striped sweater, and on top of that is a brown velour zip-up hoodie with pink stripes down the arms. AND let's not forget her silver glittery Hello Kitty shoes!
7. Layla has always been into having her "stuff" with her whenever we go places. Usually it's something like a backpack, or a doll, or a dog, etc. It's gotten a little out of hand lately. Her stash these days is: a stuff dog from Aunt Laura, a mechanical dog from Aunt Renee, a Hello Kitty purse, a Hello Kitty figurine named "Mousy," a baby doll, and stuffed kitty. All of these things need to go up and down the stairs with her EVERY. SINGLE. TIME we go up or down the stairs. However, she is a very safety-aware child, so she hold the hand rail when we go up or down. This means that Mama gets to hold all that stuff. She hands me each one in a ritual before we go up or down: "Mama you hold-a kitty. Mama, you hold-a purse. Mama, you hold-a puppy"....and on, and on.
Such is life right now, folks!