Friday, November 22, 2013

17

We'll call these pictures "17 weeks," even though it's a day shy. 

 Heck, I have a few hours of child-free time right now, so this WILL be 17 weeks.   

I do not promise regular pictures at all.  Regular pictures are for a first pregnancy, when you're watching your normal body become "cute pregnant."  Regular pictures are NOT made for a body after multiple pregnancies.  It's just not super...cute.  ;)

 Guys, this is my fifth pregnancy.  My body is not exactly "bouncing back," shall we say?  I swear, the moment I got pregnant I could practically hear my uterus saying "Oh!  We're doing THIS again?  Got it!  Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOO!"  And then BAM.  I looked 20 weeks pregnant almost instantly.  Or, at 12 weeks at least.  These pictures--this shirt--do a rather good job of hiding that, so that makes me feel a little bit better.  

I don't think I looked any bigger with Finn at 39 weeks than with Layla at 39 weeks, but my body sure got to that "large" point much faster (in fact, I gained 36 lbs with Layla, but only 24 lbs with Finn...and it didn't matter.  I looked exactly as big.)...and here we go again.  It's happening so much faster, so my only real body-image hope is that it happens fast, but I don't surpass the other pregnancies in size at least.  ;)

17 weeks.


Getting the right angle is hard.  

Here is a close -up of part of my dresser top, UN-EDITED, UN-CLEANED.  Those stacks and stacks of boxes?  Those are a box or two shy of my one-month supply of shots.  

Twice a day (every 12 hours), every day, from 6 weeks pregnant until 6 weeks AFTER I give birth, I have to give myself these shots.  So, that's a full 40 weeks of shots.  Blech.  Our insurance this time around is not as good as it was for Layla (teacher insurance--the one big perk of being a teacher), and Finn (thank you, America/MN), but these $1,500 a month shots are still covered with only my co-pay.  Other parts of this long process will not be covered, but at least THIS is covered.  So I'm thankful for that!

They really sting.  I've got great black and blue bruises on each side from them, should I even need them for some sort of dramatic show and tell.  ;)