However, I'm also a human being who reads, and researches, so I've learned a lot in the past 6 years or so on chemicals, and I'm trying to eliminate all but the most essential ones in my life.
"Fewer" rather than "none" is probably a better way to say it, because I for SURE am not that Pinterest / Facebook lady always posting about what thing she just made home-made, from scratch, just like the pioneers did. Yeeeeah, no.
So, I've landed on a company that I like in general, The Honest Company. I guess they had a naming legal battle with a blog called The Honest Toddler a while back, and lots of people don't like the company now because they went after a blogger with their name, etc. Lame. Either you like their products, or you don't. The fact that they handled a legal matter, where both parties were happy at the end, has no influence on my opinion of their products.
Anyway, I started off getting lots of different products that they sell and just trying them out. I began with a bundle, but now that I know a lot of their products I will likely just get a few specific ones every now and then, rather than have a regular shipment.
Here is the thing...I've liked almost everything I've tried: sunscreen, lip balm, body wash and shampoo combo for the kids, hand wash, floor cleaner, bathroom cleaner, counter cleaner, lotion, etc.
My one big exception to this is their dish products. MAN they just don't work for me. My dishes have never looked worse. I'm sure it's much healthier for us to eat off of them, in general, but I don't care. (To be fair, the dish soap for the sink is okay--but not amazing. It's the dishwasher soap that I'm really not impressed with. And if I'm going to take the time to wash a dish by hand I want it to freakin' SHINE when I'm done!!)
I AM GOING BACK TO DISH CHEMICALS, BABY!!!!
My loves:
If you're interested in trying something from this company, you can click on this link from me and I get a "credit" towards my next purchase: http://honest.com/accept_invitation/295556 Don't get me wrong. This is not a multi-level marketing company or anything, I promise! :) I don't make any money from them...just get a bit of money taken off my next order if someone new orders through me their first time.
But if you're going to stick with chemicals I totally understand. Because I love them too. And I miss them, sometimes. Sigh. :)
