Sunday, November 24, 2013

MOA today:

I went to "Once Upon A Child" a few weeks back to find some shoes for Finn...because, while Layla has many a pair, Finn had outgrown his few loaned pairs and had...none.  Not a ONE that fit him, poor kid.  :(  I found some great shoes there, and when I was checking out they gave us two free tickets to Nick Universe at MOA.  The tickets were either worth one ride, a day of rides, or a year of rides.  You had to scan them there to find out.  

Our tickets were each worth 6 points (the most expensive ride there), so the kids went on a few rides.  This turned out to not be such a hot thing.  Layla cried the entire time through her first ride, and as she was starting to cry at the second one I quick asked the lady if I could swap her for Finn.  So this video below is of Finn loving Layla's ride on the merry-go-round.  :)   (The kid right next to Finn was being forced on the ride by her poor parents, so that is the screaming you hear the whole time...)


We went and walked around the mall then, and who should we happen upon but Santa!!  Layla ran right up to him and gave him a big hug...good thing there was no line!  I couldn't get my camera out in time to catch that, but it was very sweet.  He posed for a few pictures with them (which we did not take, nor buy...)...and boy are my kids awful posers.  ;)  Hah!  He then gave them each a carton of 3 Christmas tree peeps as a parting gift.  The kids were SO excited about this, but after 1 bite they decided to lick them for a while...then throw them away.  Yes.  My sentiments exactly.  Gross.  I'm sure they give them out because they are so allergen friendly, though, so it makes sense.  Still gross.


We then stopped at Lego Land on our way out.  The kids don't really "get" building things yet.  They just liked scooping out piles of legos from the bins.