1. Right when Layla turned 4 she started being afraid of things at night. We had to leave lights on in closets, convince her that dragons and monsters weren't real, etc. Well, about a month later Jonas solved THAT problem in one 2 minute story: He went into the closets and pretended to tickle and tickle the monsters, and they all were laughing so much they had to go home. To their OWN houses. This TOTALLY worked for Layla! She told me about it that night, laughing, and since then is back to her normal self! Almost no night wakings or talk of being afraid when she had to go to sleep, and we don't need to have any lights on in her room anymore--all closet lights are off. Why would they be on?? The monsters are gone. :)
A few days ago I was listening to the kids playing upstairs. Finn has started being "afraid" and "scared" of lots of random stuff...things that are NOT in the least bit scary, in my humble opinion...and it was big sister Layla to the rescue this time. She was protecting him by going into each room before him (Layla: "You stay here Finn! I will go and tickle the monsters first!!"), pretending to tickle monsters, and then coming back out to tell Finn it was safe. Adorable. Melted my heart. :)
2. Today in the car Layla said to me, "Mama? I fink my nose is melting. What kind of snow is it?" Turns out it was snot. Poor kid...not quite as glamorous as snow. But it totally makes sense! :)
3. Finn is obsessed with BEING HAPPY. If he is crying he'll say to me over and over: "I need to be happy! I need to be happy!!!!" until he snaps himself out of crying, and then is happy. It doesn't matter WHAT you ask Finn--if he can, he will answer "No, I happy!!" I love it. :)