Monday, December 16, 2013

Small glimmers of hope...

I forgot to post a picture at 20 weeks, so here is something, for the record:




When I go to the Dr. and they take my weight, I always stand on the scale backwards and DON'T LET THEM TELL ME MY WEIGHT.  :)  It's just for my sanity.  There's nothing I can do about it anyway, so why know?  In all of my pregnancies the Drs have never been worried about my weight, but I sure have!  The bad news is that the last time I was in I saw the number the nurse wrote on her paper, since she brought it into the room with us and put it on the desk.  I tried to keep myself from looking, but I just couldn't.  The good news is that, just like during my pregnancy with Finn, I have only gained 5 or 6 lbs during the first 20 weeks of this pregnancy.  So that's slightly nice, huh?  I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't think this will impact the final result at all:  I'll still be massive and bloated at the end, and for months and months afterwards, but for now at least I know I'm not going crazy. (I would argue that the weight gain is located as follows:  1 lb = my cheeks and jawline, 1 lb = right arm, 1 lb = left arm, 1 lb = extra special back fat, and 1 lb = that area just where the bottom of your bra hits.  I know you know what I'm talking about!).  ;)