Thursday, January 9, 2014

24 weeks:

I had a Dr. appointment yesterday, and everything looks fine.  I am now going in every 2 weeks, soon to be increased to every week, then 2-3 times a week, etc.  Mercy I hate that drive in the winter!

Anyway, things look good.  As I am in there so often I'm not so concerned about getting pictures each time, but my ultrasound tech was VERY concerned that I leave with some pictures, so here they are.  

The tech was way into her fingers...I think she took about 10 pictures of them...

There were really NO good profile shots to be had.  Little girl was moving and grooving the whole time.  So the tech zoomed out and gave me this full body shot.

3D pictures of a developing baby are super creepy in my humble opinion, but I'm including them in case YOU like them.  :)  This is baby girl with both hands up in front of her face.  

A "thumb sucking" picture, although it's doubtful that she was actually sucking her thumb...but who knows.  

It's so interesting for me to see this picture, because I see LAYLA.  Not in any sort of physical features way, but in the thumb sucking and ear holding.  That was/is Layla's #1 way of being comforted:  sucking a nuk (I wish she had been a thumb sucker...), and then holding her own ear or my ear.  Sometimes, when I go in to check on her at night, she'll be holding BOTH of her own ears.  :)  So, I totally see Layla here...Finn never did that.  And then I start to panic because I see LAYLA here, and Layla was a hoooooooorrible baby!  I have to talk myself down from the ledge all the time because this baby is another girl.  Prayers for another Finn disposition appreciated.  I already know that I'll give up dairy 3 weeks before her birth, etc. (and do other food-restricting things to my diet, possibly with gluten again like I did for Layla, and no peanuts, etc.) to make sure that nursing goes as smoothly as possible.  Sigh.