Friday, January 31, 2014

Layla:

Layla always has a great time going over to Aunt Renee's house on Friday mornings.  She gets to play with ALL of Claire and Anja's cool toys, and Aunt Renee is always giving her/buying her princess stuff.  She sure knows the way to this little girl's heart.  :)




Sitting on the cool bean bag chair in Claire and Anja's room...

Also, either Layla has an incredible sense of smell, or she has an incredibly sensitive sense of smell.  I know I've mentioned in the past how she will FREAK.OUT. when she smells certain things, like bananas.  She can't even be in the same room with a banana without covering her nose.  Well, I started using a new face lotion two days ago, and the first time I tried it I put some on, then went to sit next to Layla on the bed.  In about 9 seconds she was sniffing with disgust, looking around, and then said to me "What's that SMELL?  I smell SUNSCREEN!!!"  She sniffed around until she ended up on my face, acted super grossed out, and then asked me to leave the room and "...go somewhere else!!"  Good grief!  It was LOTION!  :)

In addition to her crazy sense of smell, Layla has been dealing with some crazy emotions lately.  The second half of age 4, especially the last 2 months, have brought TEARS upon TEARS to our poor little girl.  She gets hurt endlessly, and she is in tears endlessly.  I'm really hoping this is a normal developmental phase.  Please, God.  I'm working on taking actual injuries seriously, while at the same time teaching her that she can be a little bit brave when she gets a slight bump to one finger...which happens 50 times a day.  Fun, fun!