Layla, Finn, Cora and Kellan Schaefer's blog, for all the family members far and near who miss and love them...and who don't mind such a shamelessly Schaefer children-centered space.
Saturday, August 2, 2014
Random things:
1. Jonas is taking the kids in to downtown Minneapolis (where he now works) using the newly-opened "Green Line" metro train. He has sent me a few pictures already from the train, and as usual, Finn is LOVING it, and Layla is tolerating it. At least she has improved from when we were in D.C. and she sort of freaked out on the metro. :) Anyway, should be a fun time for them. They're just going to walk around and explore downtown--half the fun was going a ways on the train, anyway. It's a lovely day here today, but rather hot and humid for MY taste, so I'm glad Jonas wanted to do this fun time with just the big kids...and I'm glad for my excuse of Cora here at home. ;) I'll post pictures and videos tomorrow!
2. My hair. Oh, mercy. Every time I have a kid, at around the 2 month mark post-partum, I start losing hair like it's my JOB. This lasts for at least 2 months. I'm 1 month in to this stage so far, and it's beyond insane and really rather gross. ;) There is hair EVERYWHERE around here, not to mention that when I shower it comes out like I'm in chemo or something! I can't even run my fingers through my hair at all because all of the lose hair in there snarls and creates a finger-tangling mess. Just though you should know--now you're up to date on my life. ;)
3. Cora is sloooooooooowly starting to create regular nap times for herself. In the past it just seemed like the slept ALL day long, other than maybe two hours! The days of the 4-6 hour morning nap are sadly coming to an end...but she still takes a good long nap in the morning, it's just more like 3-4 hours now. Then another 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon, and one or two more 30 minute little catnap before bed. It's much more interesting for me to watch her sleep start regulating this time around--mostly because I'm not half as tired as I was with the other two, thank goodness. :) Co-sleeping is the best--really.