Saturday, June 6, 2015

Graduation of my "first babies"

Meet Joe and Will Keith...my first babies. :)


When I was 16 Patty Keith was pregnant with twins, babies #6 and #7 for her.  She asked me if I would stay with her other kids when they were in the hospital as we only lived 3 blocks away from them at the time.  She went into the hospital and delivered two healthy baby boys, and I spend 2 days with her kids.  When I brought the kids to the hospital to meet their new siblings Patty looked at me and said something like "Um, Lisa, I think I'm going to need some help here.  Are you free this summer?"  

And that's how it started.  I was there the day the Keith twins were born, and I stopped nannying for them 5 years later, when they entered kindergarten.  (I worked every week day during the summers, until college, and then after school during the school year, and on weekends in college as well).They have now graduated high school.  Wowza. How fun to see them so grown up and mature! They are both much taller than me, no huge shocker. 

 I absolutely loved being their nanny.  :)

Here are a few more pictures from the graduation open house (tis the season, right?  Thank goodness all my friends are married by now...wedding season makes for an equally busy summer!)

Chris, doing his traditional thing of trying to get babies to stand on his hand...

...Cora was a big ol' NO GO. ;)



Holly gave Layla this dress 7 years ago!  I love it so much.  :)








I refused to let her run into the alley.  I'm such a meanie.

Boy did she love Patty's dog.  She hasn't been around many dogs, and we basically had to leave after a while because I couldn't keep her away from the poor puppy!  


What a face!  Love her.