These pictures are several weeks old, but I'm sure you still want to see them, right? :) When I use the word "busy," as in "I've been extremely busy lately," it's in a new-found context. I hate being busy--to me it speaks of a life not organized enough to make for down time and rest--but whatever. I guess I'm getting used to this new school schedule right along with the kids. October, though? October is NOT going to be busy!! :)
We've also had some drama going on in our church, and this drama requires me to spend lots more time on the phone and computer than I normally do for my job, and it's seriously eaten up Renee's entire life last week, so getting these photos up was not top of our list. Sigh. DRAMA. What an annoying thing.
Anyway, enjoy the party! My mom wasn't able to be there because she was up in Duluth still with HER mom (at the hospital), and Eric was lame and having fun running around Japan and South Korea, but the rest of us were there. We celebrated Jonas with good kabobs (3 different kinds), and Layla with 2 fun gifts.
 |
Claire and Anja helped me set up Layla's gift from the whole family before we ate.
I bought it on Craigslits in Duluth, and then my friend Lauren drove it down for me one weekend. What a group effort it was to get this gift!
|
 |
| Masters at work. |
 |
| Perfection. |
 |
Henry in his happy place. He calls it the beach. Haha! Poor little midwest boy needs some ocean time! |
 |
| Cora wearing the dress Ulrich's sister sent back from Toby's wedding with Jonas! |
 |
| Opening her robot dog from Aunt Andrea and Uncle Greg. She walks this thing daily in front of our house, as you have seen. :) |
 |
| Seeing her new doll house for the first time... |
 |
| Endless, endless hours of creative play for her right here... |