Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Mother's Helpers: best thing ever!

So, Monday-Thursday of this week I'm watching Rachael Rydbeck's little guy, Soren.  He's adorable, sweet...and also 4 months old.  I originally told her I couldn't do it, mostly because of Cora.  She's in a needy/jealous stage if other kids are around, AND I'm not sure how I could carry two little kids in/out of preschool and Kindergarten pick up and drop off regularly.  I'm sure lots of other people could do it no problem, but for me, there would have been stress.  And a stressed out Mama is not good for the family! ;)  So, I originally said no, but then she offered to hire me a mother's helper (young girl who wants to make money babysitting, but is probably not quite old enough to be left alone with kids for a long time, etc.  Basically:  mother's helper = you stay home and they help you there, babysitter = you leave the house).  I found a local girl who is home-schooled (because all of public school is in session right now out here), and then this girl's mom sent along their 9-year-old as well, just for kicks.  

You GUYS.  Mother's helpers are the BOMB.  You seriously have to get one and try this out!  Makes me wish I had kids a long time ago so I had an older kid right now.  :)  

So, here are Finn and Cora enjoying time outside with their new friends, Faith and Grace.  (And I do mean ENJOYING time outside.  Yesterday the girls took Cora for about 10 walks.  Today, when they walked in the door, Cora yelled "Outside!!! WALK!!!" and off then went.  I am in HEAVEN.  And my laundry is done, dishes are done, floors are clean, and I have time to be on the computer today!  Aaaaaaaah!  Insane!!)

Finn being Buzz Lightyear, and his buddy Grace.  




Cora and Faith returning from a walk.  





Cora being a stinker and sitting down in the one wet spot around here (we're draining the pool today.  Sniff.  Sad, sad day...)