Thursday, June 2, 2016

Finn's preschool "graduation"

Well, I have calmed down enough now to post about this epic event.

You guys, I was laughing SO HARD during Finn's program I thought I might have to get up and leave...I was causing that much of a scene.  I was sitting in the front row, totally losing my bananas.  Shaking from laughing so hard.  Tears streaming down my face.  Sigh.  This boy child is such a different creature from my oldest girl child! :)

In fact, Layla and Cora were with me this time, and Layla was very concerned the whole time:  "Mom, isn't Finn supposed to be SINGING?"  "Mom, why doesn't Finn do the right movement??"  Poor thing.  She still remembered the songs and actions from a while back, and was singing along and doings things, but Mr. Finn?  Nope.  He was...well, we're not sure.  He was concentrating on something else, that's for sure.  My Dad says his money was on the mysteries of gravity or solar energy...because it sure wasn't this silly little kid program! Hahaha.



We got there EARLY, so I could get front row seats and save seats for my parents as well.
And also, just because I am that girl.  I will always be on time and early to things, no matter how many children I have with me.  No excuses, people!  No excuses!

Layla was standing where Finn would be standing so I could test the light...

She got into it...


I was about 2 feet away from him.  It was almost TOO close!  Haha.
And once my uncontrollable laughter started  I was seriously wishing I was in back...


Always once...





A few rare examples of him participating...


Classic.  All the kids are looking at their parents...and Finn is...not.  :)

This may have been after me yelling "HEY, FINN!!!!"



For graduations each kid gets a picture Bible.  Layla LOVES hers, reads it often, and brings it many places with her.  She brought hers along today because she knew they would be giving them out, so at the end she asked for a picture with HER Bible too, and Mrs. B.  She sure loved it here at this school.  :)


Prepare yourselves for the beauty that is Finn in a musical program of any sort:
(Please excuse any shaking...I was trying so hard, but my whole body was convulsing from silent laughter most of the program).

If you ever see me pan to the other kids in these videos it's to show you what the rest of the kids were doing, in comparison to Mr. Finn.  ;)