* Should you not be a parent or grandparent, skip this post. You'll be annoyed that I even wrote these words if you read them. ;)
Cora is basically FORCING me to potty train her, the determined little spitfire!! :) She is going places in this life, that's for sure, even if she has to move mountains to get there.
Long story short, she just WANTS to do it, and asks, so when she asks I help her. Funny enough, she poops really well in the toilet, but has a much harder time knowing when to pee there. Finn was just the opposite.
She also wants nothing to do with the little kid potty chairs and only wants to sit on the regular toilet, like her older siblings. No baby stuff for her, no sir!
Yesterday she pooped on the toilet 4 times, mostly because I gave her a treat the first time, so she managed to eek out poop 3 more times...as small amounts as they were. I just laughed and gave her the treats...happy to! Then again, this morning, she went poop and potty on the toilet first thing in the morning, so I made a BIG deal about that as sh hadn't done both before. I'm seriously worried about her hurting herself, though...maybe giving herself a hemorrhoid or something based on all her straining for a treat...haha! Oh, man. Please, no! :)
About 10 minutes ago Layla brought Cora downstairs and said "Mom, I came to get a treat for Cora. She pooped on the potty chair upstairs. I helped her and wiped her butt for her, then I put her diaper back on because I've been watching you closely. So can I giver her the treat?"
YOU GUYS!
Just let that sink in for a moment, okay??
*I* might not have to potty train Cora at all!! Layla can do it!!
Hooray for having super responsible first born daughters! Wheeeeeee!
File this under: Major parental WINNING.