Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Visiting friends:

It's been really fun to have our good friends the Rydbecks here, visiting from Seattle.  They arrived last Friday night and will leave this Thursday evening.  We had a wonderful kabob dinner in our backyard on Friday, then a fun BBQ with friends on Saturday, and on Sunday Rachael and I went to Target Field to take in an afternoon Twins game!  We MN Schaefers are not used to this level of activity...haha! :)  The game was super fun for me because 1) it was just Rachael and myself, so WIN.  2)  It was perfect weather after being super hot here for 2 days, and 3) Jonas got to be the luck one to be home with Finn and help him as he randomly threw up.  I mean, I felt a little bad...but not THAT bad.  I can't emphasize enough how perfect the weather was.  *happy sigh*



Our seats were on the right hand side here, in the shade, in the upper level.  So nice!


Monday Joel and Rachael went in to work and I had 7 kids in my house...haha!  To be fair, though, 2 of them were amazing little mother's helpers girls, and they are awesome.  So I actually got a ton done in organizing and purging from my basement because the girls were so good with the littlest kids.

Today Joel flew home with Soren (13 months), so I took the rest of the kids to the Children's Museum.  As usual, a lovely time was had by all.  The usual picture proof is below.  :)







CONSTANTLY trying to remover her shoes these days....makes me wonder if they are hurting her, or if they are too small?




It's fun to see what Layla likes to play with at the CM as she grows older.
Today she found a scavenger hunt animal book and had an awesome time finding all the animals.




Checking out skull bones.


Gotta love those zipper pockets everywhere!


I'm making a new stop light, Mama.

From now on, BLUE means "go!"