Sunday, November 6, 2016

Kick ass and take names, November in MN!!

Today was another PERFECT day!  Sun everywhere!  Blue skies!  65-70 degrees!  YELLOW everywhere, bright and amazing!  Yellow leaves falling in yellow light...yessssssssss.

We had friends over for lunch after church, and I honestly felt bad making them eat inside our house.  We most certainly should have taken that outside for a picnic lunch.  Next time!

Next week looks like more of the same, but just slightly cooler.  So, Mama is going to be FLEXIBLE and change things up (something that is not natural to me, as an ISTJ type-A person, so I'm working on it).  What's the point of homeschooling if you don't take full advantage of that, right?  Normally we do school in the mornings so I can be *sure* that everything on the list will be accomplished.  Next week we are going to flip it around, and every morning we are going to go out and do something fun (sort of like how we used to do life before pesky school came around...haha), then home for lunch, and school in the afternoon.  This takes trust for me to do that...I get a bit nervous doing all the fun stuff before the necessary has been accomplished, BUT then I remind myself that the fun stuff IS necessary, and important too.  It is no less important than phonics work.  If I really believe it, I need to back it up with time.  (Also, Cora has been insane lately, and I'm playing around with our schedule and activity level to see if that helps her at all, and allows her to allow ME to teach in the afternoon.  Please, God.  Let it be so.) So, our week of fall fun starts next week, and will include:

Monday = MN Zoo in the morning.

 Tuesday = Mom's Coffee Hour fun in the morning.  Then we'll go to a park after lunch where a friend and I will trade off watching all the kids / going to vote.  We vote at the same location, and there is a park just across the street, so this is the perfect solution to our pesky little people problem.

Wednesday = The Children's Museum in the morning.

Thursday = Tamarack Nature Center or Richardson Nature Center in the morning.

Friday = A park we have never been to and the library in the morning.

Back-up plan in case anything falls through:  Good Times Park in Eagan.  We have never been, but I'm considering asking all of my family to chip in all of the money they might spend on my kids for presents at Christmas and give them a membership here instead, or possibly somewhere that has swimming.  We'll see.  One thing for sure is my kids don't *need* any more toys, so I'd love a more active gift like this for them.

Wish me luck being flexible and fun Mama!  Haha.  :)