Well, folks, I believe Cora is officially potty trained! She and Layla for sure win the awards for easiest to potty train, by far.
This whole thing just kind of snuck up on me...I wasn't *trying* to potty train her, but we were home on Christmas Day instead of being with family, so I let her run around without her diaper on as she has hated her diapers for a while now. I didn't reminder her to go to the bathroom. I didn't check in on her. I didn't set timers...I just forgot about her. Haha! Whoops! That's potty training the 3rd child.
In the last 8+ days she has only had one accident, at my Mom's house when we were gone, and as that was last Friday, I think we are in the clear! The only time I remind her to go to the bathroom is if we are going somewhere, because that still makes me nervous: taking a newly potty trained child out on errands always has the potential to mean frantic running around a store for a bathroom NOW. Oh, good times.
I still have her wear a diaper at night, mostly because neither of us feel like getting up with her at night to go to the bathroom initially, BUT I feel like that might be out of our hands soon...any nap that she has had lately (we force one on the weekends for our own sanity) has been short due to her waking up dry, needing to go to the bathroom. So hopefully she will learn how to hold it longer soon, and then we'll be in the clear for real! Yesssssss.
She is giving me a total run for my money in other areas of life, but potty training? I had almost nothing to do with it...haha!
