Friday, January 6, 2017

The 12th Day of Christmas: Happy Epiphany!

Today, in celebration of Epiphany, the kids opened a few things in their stockings.  

Layla got a baby carrier for her dolls...something she has wanted for a loooong time.  Thank you to all the creative people on Etsy for making easy dreams come true.  :)  I absolutely loved how her body language changed as soon as she put this on:  she started swaying, patting the bottom of her baby in the carrier, kissing it, cuddling it.  Let's just admit right now that Babywearing is the best thing ever, right??  I mean, come ON!! :)  She even remarked on what every mother who has ever baby worn knows:  "Mom, this is GREAT!  Now I don't have to bring the stroller with me to the park!  I can just walk like this and have two hands free still.  See???"  Yes, honey.  I see very well.  Love it! 

Babywearing.  Everyone do it for as long as you can.  Cora is 2.5 and I still wear her at times.  It is nothing but goodness and positivity for everyone involved.




I felt a little bad for Cora because she only had two things in her stocking:  a toothbrush holder and face paints.  I should not have worried.  The face paints were the hit of the night for her, and she thought of nothing else from that point on.  These are *fine*, but I really need to figure out what face paints the Children's Museum of MN uses.  They go on so smoothly, and come off so nicely as well...best of both worlds.





Finn was in the other room playing with his Gear Book from Grandma (his 12th day of Christmas book he opened this morning...BIG hit), so I don't have any pictures of him relating to stocking gifts. 

So, I guess tomorrow the Christmas stuff can start to come down.  I'm not sad to lose the tree needles everywhere, or the ornaments that Cora is constantly throwing around, but I will miss the tree so much.  I love it...the quite light is perfect for me at night.  And I'll miss the lovely Christmas music most.  Somehow I'll have to survive one more year without listening to Neal and Leandra, or Sarah McLachlan's holiday music, or my favorite Christmas choral music on Pandora.  Sniff.