Good bye, 2016! No one likes you anyway.
Take your wretched men and awful news and be gone with you!
To welcome in 2017 with a bang I sent Jonas off to church with all the kids by himself, and then I went over to my friend Lauren's house to help her purge and organize her attic. It was a disaster land of mouse poop and exploding boxes when I got there at 10:15 a.m., but when I left at 6:30 p.m. it was a perfectly clean, empty, organized attic that is becoming a play room for her kids tomorrow. THE BEST. No better way to start up a new year than by purging and organizing...guaranteed! Love it. This spring we're going to tackle her basement, and then this fall it'll be on to her garage. I can't wait!
We normally have a sleep over with the Horsmans on New Years Eve, but as New Years Day was a Sunday this year, we did our sleep over on Friday night. I didn't get many pictures, but I'll post some later on tomorrow maybe...I got a few of the dancing and guitar/violin playing that were cute.
On New Years Eve we had our good friends the Krebsbachs over for steak and discussions of all things interesting and controversial...other than he-who-shall-not-be-named. We are classier than that. It was a great night, again, and I'm once again treasuring all of the wonderful friends and family we have so close to us. We miss the ones far away, as well!
Tomorrow we'll head to my parent's house for our annual Berube Family Christmas fondu dinner, and then the kids will open their Christmas presents from my family. Our kids will only open one or two because their main gift is that membership we got to Good Times Park, which is lovely on so many levels.
We'll have a week of "regular" life after that (meaning back to school), BUT we'll of course celebrate the end of the Christmas holiday on Epiphany, January 6th, by opening our stockings. I love being able to shop for stocking stuffers in my January budget, when all the Christmas things are on sale. Winning.
On Sunday the 8th we'll celebrate Saint Lucia Day with the Berubes...stay tuned for some WICKED cute pictures of the Schaefer girls there! It's going to be fantastic, I can tell already.
And, since we haven't had enough fun yet this winter, we'll start to plan our Lunar New Year (Saturday, January 28th) party sometime after Saint Lucia Day.
Long live a life of celebrations and precious memories! :)

