Monday, December 18, 2017

Lately:

This past Saturday was Berube Baking Day.  We baked from 9:00 a.m. until around 5:00 p.m., with plenty of breaks for church gossip discussions and music changes.  ;) .

This year I was a DUD of a contributor.  I am FEELING MY AGE as a pregnant lady, folks.  I took a nap for an undetermined amount of time somewhere in the middle of the day.  I did most of my work sitting down.  Lord have mercy.

It was killing the kids that *I* was at Grandma's house all day, and they were not, so they joined us for the last few hours.
Cora ate about 30 of these chocolate covered pretzels.  
 A few pics of some products.  Lots-o-chocolate this year...






Anja joined us for the first time this year!  Growing a new batch of  family bakers, one child at a time.  :)


Sunday night we met at the Horsman's house to celebrate Henry's 7th birthday.  Layla ran into my room the night before and said "Mama!  I know the PERFECT gift to give Henry!  I'll play him a violin concert!!"  Sigh.  My sweet, sweet girl.  So, she did, and Jonas played along and made her sound even better.  Henry loooooves violins, so this was really a gift he did enjoy.  

I cry when she plays, sometimes.  I can't help it.
My baby can make beautiful music!  Well...almost.  :)



She adores performing.  Stage fright is not a part of her vocabulary.  






This was Finn on Sunday afternoon, just eating an avocado for lunch.  You know.  As all kids do.  
Also, let's be honest about his diet...avocado and strawberries are some of the few fruits and veggies he LIKES to eat, willingly.  It's just fun to have photos like this sometimes, to balance out the many chicken nuggets and pizza photos...


A typical afternoon around our house this week...Layla with her lego friend legos, the latest obsession.

Waving good morning to Papa at breakfast.

This past Thursday Layla and I had a "come to Jesus" talk with her room.  Things got out of control in September and October, when I was out of commission.  Things are now back in excellent order, and we ALL feel better about life.  :) This picture was taken mid-cleaning, when Papa texted us "What'cha doing?"

The game "Hi Ho Cherry O" is super annoying to anyone age 7 and over, maybe, but man am I glad we have it.  This was tonight:  Finn and Cora started playing of their own free will, and it required exactly ZERO adult supervision because the rules are that easy.  This is me, crying tears of joy and gladness for this stage of parenting.  HOPE lives in the FUTURE, fellow parents of young children!! :)   But, also in the here and now...for me.  Haha.