Layla, Finn, Cora and Kellan Schaefer's blog, for all the family members far and near who miss and love them...and who don't mind such a shamelessly Schaefer children-centered space.
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Today
This is my personal hell on earth: a Joann Fabric store at Christmas time. I was here because I love my family. Sigh.
Cora had a 5 minute holiday song performance today. The cutest thing is how excited Layla and Finn get when they see Cora perform...NOT the actual songs, haha. Cora is..."absent" during most of the performances. She just stands there, looking around, twiddling her thumbs...like she has no idea why they're making her stand there at all! She's so not Layla when it comes to performing.
My kids are obsessed with tape. I'm pretty sure they'll all get one in their stocking. Today Finn made himself a tape dispenser made out of paper. With real tape on it. Good times. :)
Jonas had to work a bit later tonight, so the kids and I ate without him.
After dinner we turn out all the lights and each have our own candle. We say "Thank you God for..." and then fill in the blank. The kids give little sermons. Jonas and I say things like "bed time" and stuff like that. Cora was giving a mini sermon here.
Normally it's very black during candle time, but with the tree AND the Advent wreath in full glow, it was almost light enough for pictures!