Friday, September 28, 2018

'round here, lately:

Last Saturday we had ribs and asparagus and potatoes for dinner.  GO BIG OR GO HOME.  It was such perfect weather...maybe mid-60s and sunny, but inside it felt like a goodbye to summer.  *sob* I don't know, friends.  I am so sad to lose summer this year, even though fall is so wonderful and the first half of winter is fun.  *sniff*   PTSD from last winter, I think.  It's TOO SOON!




I love the stage when they hold their own hands.  It's the cutest.

Last Sunday I went out for brunch (we don't have a church home right now, so we can do brunch on Sundays like the heathens!  Haha.  It's awesome.) with several friends to celebrate Rachel Gustafson's birthday.  I'd highly recommend Hai Hai in Minneapolis if you love good Vietnamese food!


Kellan and Layla's baby doll did a photo shoot together.  



We have started down the teething road.  Actual TEETH are still a ways away, but they are making their painful presence known.  Teething might be the worst and saddest part of being a baby, I'm sure...


I'm happy to report life around here is going well, so I'm able to hold my sweet babe in sleep almost as much as the summer.  Especially later on in the day.  It's my build-in rest time.  Love it.




Ugh.  So cute, sleeping baby pictures.  

This one makes me laugh.  Clearly still in the flailing arms baby stage!




ADORED
 In school the other day we learned about Henry Matisse and his collages later on in life.  We decided to make our own, and Finn was WAAAAAY into it. 


There is a very elaborate story that goes with this...





Cora 4 years ago, and Cora last week.  Amazing how my phone knows this!!!

Layla 3 years ago?  And Layla last week.  








 Cora HIGHLY enjoyed the ribs last week!!!