Tuesday, August 20, 2019

The past few days:

Finn started his first official swimming lessons yesterday.  He was PUMPED.  My philosophy is to not waste a dime of money on lessons until my kids demonstrate to me they really love swimming, and one of those obvious requirements is to regularly swim with their head under water.  Finn didn't do that regularly until this summer, age 8.  So now we start!  Layla started far, far younger...so she started lessons much earlier.  Cora did this regularly younger too, but I'm spreading out the cost because I want them to have really good quality lessons, not just community ed stuff, haha.  So, Cora has to wait until this coming year sometime.  She's impatient! :)


Keeping a baby entertained at a pool that he CAN'T go in is...notmyfavorite, that's for sure.

The lessons Finn is doing are probably a little below his actual ability, just due to his age and size, but whatever.  It never hurts the self esteem to be the biggest and best in your class right? haha.


Every day!

Kellan's dream: to be able to wander anywhere he wants, unhindered by parental constraints...


I went out with friends on Sunday night, but it seems like I missed a PARTY at our house!  They went to the lake, swam in our pool, had a bonfire and did s'mores, and had a dance party.  I mean...why did I even leave, right??








The beautiful, warm, setting summer sun.  Sigh.  Love it.



They burned an old sheet of Finn's that had a huge rip in it.  Finn thought this was the coolest thing ever, and Cora was deeply concerned that they could have just put tape on it and been fine.