Sunday, October 20, 2019

Severs Fall Festival, and the last week or so...

A few pictures from the past week...

This was on our way to church last Sunday.  Cute men with cool hats.


Cora has been begging to do more school lately...

I volunteered as the parent "muscle" in Finn's gym class at co-op last Wednesday.  There are 18 boys and 3 girls in this class...haha.  WOWZA is that a hormonal imbalance!  Anyway, I was laughing the entire time this teacher, god bless her soul, tried to teach these kids basketball.  These are all kids in 1st and 2nd grade who are homeschooled, and evidently their parents do NOT value lots of sports education. Oh MAN were they all so bad.  It was hilarious!  I'll try to post a 30 second video of them playing a "game".  This picture above is over them practicing dribbling.  Finn is in the far group.


The tongue of concentration.




Kellan wants in on the goggle fun too.
Sunday morning card games


The views of fall from our front window.

v

Then and now.





The kids had art class with Miss Mem this past Tuesday:

Finn made a puppet theatre



Cora loves COLOR.


Severs Fall Festival:
Two years ago (or was it three falls ago?  It was when I was recovering from my blood clot...) Greg and Andrea treated the whole family to a fun trip to Severs Fall Festival.  This became the high point of their lives for my children, and they have talked about it ever since.  This year I told them they could choose between getting new halloween costumes and going to the festival, and after just a moment of agonized deliberation they gladly chose the festival.  We went yesterday with Renee and her kids, and Elena Davis, and we had so.much.fun.  It was PERFECT weather, thankfully.  I think this weekend was the last lovely fall weekend we can expect.  After this it *may* be all downhill.  *sniff*

*a side note:  I'm SORRY.  Below you are going to find a MILLION photos of my kids in the corn pools.  I know a normal person would not post this many photos of their kids in a corn pool, with only very minor changes between each photo, but...c'est la vive!  Enjoy 'em or scroll on past 'em! :)



Kellan is the first kid we have to care about cars and "guy stuff."  He says "VRoom Vroom!!" every time we pass a cool car or tractor, etc.  He was so enamored with this orange tractor and cried buckets every time we had to share with another kid.  Side note: I'm finding it challenging to teach the topic of sharing to a youngest child...haha!

On some of the obstacle challenges



Cora wondering through the corn pool (1 of 2).

























Burying Finn

He was being such a stinker with Elena.



















She loves this little boy so much.
















He just caught sight of the train coming by...


I love how you can see his lips making the "vroom vroom" sound.




Eating our fair food: corn dogs, french fries, and sausages for Papa. Kellan LOVED the fries with ketchup.  As his face and pants proved.



















Random camel rides for Cora and Finn:
Because nothing says "Fall!" like a camel, right??





The BIG slide.
Only Finn was brave enough to go down alone.









The Schaefer children emerging from the corn fields.


Kellan pooping in the corn fields.






















Being buried alive.



WWF slams





Finn playing ostrich





Jumping on the giant bouncy squares


Leaping across the tops of the mini hay bale maze.












It was such LOVELY weather.











Look how long her hair is!  And last year she donated 8 inches, too!




The golden glow of french fries.












Mouth full of french fries on the big fire truck.




The last stray rays of sunlight find the big slide in the cornfield.  We artistic.

We ended the night with a hay ride, and Layla and I took a selfie.  See all the lovely corn fields behind us?  Haha