Sunday, October 27, 2019

The previous week, Monday-Thursday:


Monday:
Kellan and Harrison played in PJs and enjoyed some games together.

Tuesday:
Normally the older 3 have gym class from 9:30-11:00, but the University was on fall break this day, so instead of just doing regular school (as would be my inclination) I took the kids to the MN Children's Museum.  They loved it, as usual, especially Kellan.  All the other parents give me looks when I let him get wet, but I look at THEM struggling to keep their kids dry all the time and think THEY are the crazy ones...haha.  It's not hard to just bring a change of clothes, people.  Then everyone is happy!

The car wash room is endless entertainment.


Posing at the Curious George doorman.











All these light switches control actual lights.  Heaven for a toddler.








She made me LOTS of tacos.





So much fun putting magnets back on the board.  I need some for school entertainment for him!


Buttons and dials and switches, oh my!




Water is so much sensory fun.  Why limit it??  Just BE PREPARED.




He is saying "hair" as he wipes suds in his hair.




Drinking the water...
 Going in and out of the long plastic strip dividers was his jam for 15 minutes...









Having fun in the "forces at work room." Shooting ping pong balls all over the place!



Kellan practicing his ninja moves.


















CLASSIC.  He got splashed.  He'd like to SWIM in the water, but watch it with that splashing!

side-eye at the kid who splashed him.





















Tuesday afternoon Uncle Dan came over for a while.  Kellan got up from him nap and Dan went to get him up.  Kellan stayed on his shoulder in "wake up mode" for a full 30 minutes.  No lie or exaggeration!  It was adorable.  Then they snuggled on the rocker with Cora.


He's smiling because I said "Want to come to Mama?"

Sibling love.

Wednesday:
Wednesday was sunny but cold!  We went on a field trip to the Bell Museum of Natural History and Planetarium with our homeschool co-op.  The place itself was very cool, but man did having Kellan along make it a slightly miserable trip for me.  The only relief I got was when he fell asleep for 40 minutes or so.  I'd love to go back without a toddler sometime and be able to really take it all in with the kids.  

Getting ready for the start of the show in the planetarium.  5 minutes later I got to leave and sit in the atrium with Kellan.  


Checking out fossils.



This life-size guy is on the smallest end for a mammoth, which is also on the largest possible size end for elephants.  Kellan was obsessed with it and kept wanting to run back here no matter where else in the museum we were.  He has a pretty good sense of direction, it turns out...




I have over 80 blurry pictures from this field trip because the kids kept borrowing my phone to take a picture of EVERYTHING to show to Papa when they got home.  Keepers for sure, each and every one...haha. 




Finally.  Some relief.

This was actually an incredibly cool magnifying glass.  They spent most of the time looking at their skin up close.


Learning about box turtles.



Writing thank you notes and drawing pictures from our time there.
Wednesday afternoon, after lunch, we headed outside to take a walk to the park and enjoy the sunshine, even if it was pretty chilly.  As soon as we got outside we lost the sunlight.  Ah, well.  Win some, lose some.  

The boys enjoyed thrashing in the leaves.  

He was removing the leaves from his slide ONE LEAF AT A TIME.



No jacket, no shoes.  I can't keep this girl clothed!



We stopped at the beloved fairy garden on the way home...
Thursday:
Thursday evening Jonas took the older 3 kids to the Children's Theatre to see Snow White, and before they went in they toured the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, as is now their custom.  I love that.  

The view from J's office that morning.

Entering the art institute.






Play time!

They were in the smaller side theatre for this one...



A random sleeping baby picture.  Because you need at least one a week, right?  Look at how red his hair looks here...